What is BBA?
Not everyone wants to be an engineer.So what should they do?Which course should they opt for to ensure a bright career? Such questions are common among students.For those students who are not from science stream or are from science stream and do not wish to continue in this field, BBA Course offers them a very good alternative and is very popular among students.In this article we will cover different aspects of BBA course like what this field is about, what are the career prospects in it etc.Yes, for those who don’t know there are various other fields other than engineering in which you can carve out lucrative career paths for yourself and BBA is one of them.
BBA stands for Bachelor in Business Administration is a 3 year long undergraduate degree program dealing with the basics of business and management skills.It is not a technical field.It makes sure that a student’s foundation about fundamental business concepts is strong and they can apply theoretical knowledge in commercial world.This program also develops communication and Entrepreneurship skills of a student and makes them ready to adapt the global changes all around the world.It enables the students to act as leaders in the business world.
It specializes on various aspects of business such as finance, real estate, marketing, accounting, decision making, strategy, human resources, international business, resource management etc.It enables the students to study the current market trends and use that knowledge to develop new and innovative strategies to maximize the return on investment and take the business to new greater height.It is a wonderful blend of general and business education which enhances a student’s intellectual personality to manage both large scale and small scale business.
BBA expands the area of vision of an individual by making him understand about international business.It helps in breaching international barriers.International business involves companies which are globally expanded i.e which operate in different countries.Thus a student learns about different cultures and different business policies which helps him to adapt to various environments wherever they go.
Marketing is one of the most important aspect of BBA.The growth of a business largely depends on how the idea of the business is marketed.It is about how to tell the consumer about your product.If your presentation captures the consumer’s attention then they will use it or else it will drop down.
What you do as BBA graduate?
A graduate in BBA holds enough knowledge about various aspects of business.Their basic task is to use that knowledge to grow a business into a bigger and better prospect.Once a student completes his degree in BBA he/she may be able to perform various tasks such as:
- Make ideal decision from a company’s perspective that involves risk.
- Data analysis
- Identify the needs of society and creating the means through which it can be provided.
- Analyse the current business trends and anticipate what is coming in the future and make strategies to counter it.
- Work with a team and manage it.
- Formulate solutions for business problems.
- Devising new strategies to promote a product or an idea.
- To analyse the effects of global changes on business environment.
- To study the different business ploicies of different countries.
Academic programs in Bachelor of Business Administration Colleges
Usually the duration of this undergraduate program is 3 years.It is divided into 6 semesters.In the early stages main focus is on general education and later on it shifts towards your field of specialization.Along with theorotical sessions practical training sessions are also organized.Students are also given presentations and projects to do.In order to give them exposure to corporate world students are often taken to industrial visits.Students also learn about concepts of profit and loss.This program covers various business and management aspects such as
- Entrepreneurship fundamentals
- Business law and ethics
- HR Management
- Marketing management
- Project management
- Principles of management
- Legal Studies
- Cost accounting
- Marketing research
- Personality development & communication skills
- Values & ethics in business
- Business laws
- Taxation laws
- International business management
The eligibility requirement to apply for BBA course :
Just like management for most courses has set an eligibility criteria a student must meet in order to apply for that particular course BBA is no exception.However eligibility criteria may differ in different colleges and just meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee that you will get admission in that institute.
The basic requirement for pursuing this program is that a candidate must have cleared his/her 12th class exams from a recognized board of education with at least 45% marks.
Some colleges gives admission on the basis of entrance test also.Students have to clear required entrance exams in order to get admission in that particular college.
Students from any stream can apply for degree in Bachelor of Business Administration.
Academic Paths of Bachelor of Business Administration :
- BBA Bachelor of Business Administration- As u already know it an undergraduate degree course.
- MBA- Masters of Business Administration- It is a post graduate degree.
- Phd- It is a Doctoral level degree
How to be a graduate in Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
STEP 1- Give entrance test
STEP 2-Fill college forms in which you want to take admission and provide the necessary documents required for admission.
STEP 3-Get a degree from a reputed college.
Documents required at the time of admission
- Mark sheet (both 10th and 12th standard)
- Transfer Certificate of the last school you attended
- Identity proof (passport/ ration card/ voter card etc)
- Passport size photo
A candidate must carry original documents at the time of education.It depends on institute whether they will keep your original or photo copy documents with them.Usually original copy of transfer certificate is kept by colleges along with photo copy of other documents.
List of BBA entrance exams in India
GITAM University Admission Test (GAT) UGM BBA Entrance Exam GAT UGM
Symbiosis Entrance Test:- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
Pune University BBA / BBM CET
NMIMS-NPAT : Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
AIMA-UGAT:- All India Management Association BBA Entrance Examination
These entrance exams are usually based on General knowledge, logical reasoning, English and numerical ability and quantitative aptitude.
Top BBA Schools/Colleges in India
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Annamalai university
- Apeejay School of Management, New Delhi
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, New Delhi
- Acharaya Institue of Management and Science, Bangalore
- Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Management & Information Technology
- International School of Business and Media, Pune
- HR College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Amity School of Business Management,Noida
- Gitam Institute of Management, Gitam University, Vishakhapatnam
- KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneswar
- JK Business School, Haryana
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune
- Maharaja Surajmal Institute
- Faculty of Management, Banasthali University, Rajasthan
- BLS Institute of Technology Management
- KC College, Mumbai
- Jagannath International Management School- Kalkaji
- Madras Christian College (MCC), Chennai
Carrier Prospects in BBA
Business is everywhere.In fact it would not be wrong to say that the whole world runs and earns on business.After a student earns his degree in BBA he/she can find a carrier in any business of their specialization and interest.There are numerous fields where a BBA graduate is in demand. BBA enables student to take various administrative and management roles in various companies and fields.
Corporate world welcomes BBA graduates with open arms.Global market focuses a lot on management skills related to hospitality and tourism sector,legal and operational management,media,public relations and media and health management.All these sectors offer great opportunities students.Other employment areas include banking, export and import companies, industrial and business houses,MNC’s, business consultancies, marketing organizations, commercial law, event management etc.
With the demand of business professionals who can take the business to next level increasing rapidly, teaching sector has become a very important aspect to raise such individuals.Teachers can be found working with various firms as consultants and managers.
- Operations manager
- Business Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Information security officer
- Finance Manager
- Project planner
- Business Administration Researcher
- Sales manager
- Production Manager
- Information Systems Manager
- Loss prevention manager
- Research and Development
- Cost estimator
- Business Administrator
- Axis bank
- SBI Life Insurance
- Asian paints
- YES Bank
- Big Bazaar
A fresher can expect starting salary of about Rs 10,000-15,000 per month.With enough experience a candidate can easily rope in over 50,000 per month.Salary may vary according to the position a candidate apply for.This is one field where salary is of no bar for the right candidate.