Company Secretary Course Details :
What is A Company Secretary– Company Secretary is a senior position in a private/public and abroad sector companies.Company Secretary is an adviser for legal issues in corporate organizations. Company Secretary job role in the corporate management team ensuring effective coordination and communication among various departments and giving advice to directors of the concerned company on legal and financial matters. He / She has to bring out more transparency in corporate governance affairs and ensures good corporate governance.
As per the Companies Act, 1956, every company with a share capital of Rs 2 crores or above has to appoint a full-time company secretary. The ICSI has developed and regulated the Company Secretary profession in the country. Hence, this profession is booming with career opportunities for company secretaries in private/public sectors across the country.
Company Secretary course:-Company Secretary course and syllabus is conducted by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).To become a Company Secretary, the candidates need to pass the Foundation Programme, Executive Programme, and Professional Programme. There are lots of company secretary jobs with good salary.
The responsibilities of the company secretary are to take care of corporate governance and even legal matters of a company. Company secretaries are generally very professionals individuals who enjoy working with numbers. Company Secretary job also involves with Law and legal So it is beneficial to also do LLB with Company Secretary Course.
Prime Institutes for this career :
Institute of Company Secretaries Of India (ICSI) : The Institute of Company Secretaries of India(ICSI) is constituted under an Act of Parliament i.e. the Company Secretaries Act, 1980 (Act No. 56 of 1980). ICSI is the only recognized professional body in India to develop and regulate the profession of Company Secretaries in India.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India awards the certificate of bestowing the designation of Company Secretary(CS) to a candidate qualifying for the membership of the Institute. It was in 1960 that the Company Law Board started a course in Company Secretaryship leading to the award of Government Diploma in Company Secretaryship. As the number of students taking up the Company Secretaryship course grew, the Government promoted on 4th October 1968, Institute of Company Secretaries of India under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 for taking over from the Government the conduct of Company Secretaryship examination.
How to become a Company Secretary and what are the ways for being a CS after 12th:
The eligibility requirement to become a Company Secretary after 12th:
There are three stages to clear
Foundation Programme which is of eight months duration can be pursued by 10+2 pass or equivalent students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream (Excluding Fine Arts)
Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of all streams except Fine Arts.
Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course
If Student has passed 12th class:
The student who would like to join the Course after 12th class has to clear three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e.
1. Foundation Programme
2. Executive Programme
3. Professional Programme
Step 2. If Student is Graduated(Excluding Fine Arts):
1. Executive Programme
2. Professional Programme
Note:- A registered student is required to complete the Intermediate and the Final examination within the registration period.
Course Highlights of Company Secretary Course:
1. 10+2 pass or equivalent / Graduate can join
2. No Entry Barrier – opportunity for every student
3. Cost Effective
4. Distance Learning – any where in the world
5. 24×7 study through e-learning
6. Flexibility in the schedules – Registration valid for 3 to 5 years.
8. Excellent career opportunities for CS professional
9. Position of Power and Prestige
1O. offers Self Employment and Job Opportunities
11. Direct Access to Top Management / Board Room
12. Good remuneration and growth opportunities
13. Good career option for girls also.
14. Opportunities across various sectors at all locations.
15. Opportunities Abroad – MOU with ICSA, London
16. Opportunity to pursue B.Com with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration and M.Com in Business Policy and 17. Corporate Governance from IGNOU.
Company Secretary Should know:
1. Companies with a paid up share capital of Rs.5 crore or more are compulsorily required to appoint a whole-time Company Secretary under section 383A of Companies Act,1956.
2. All companies seeking listing on Stock Exchange are required to appoint a whole-time Company Secretary.
3. Membership of the Institute is recognized for appointment to superior posts and services under Central Government.
4. Membership of the Institute is a recognised qualification for recruitment from Grade I to Grade IV in the Accounts branch of the Indian Company Law Service.
5. Almost every kind of organization whose affairs are conducted by boards, councils or other association, federation, authority, commission or like , finds it useful to appoint a person who holds the qualification of Company Secretaries in key administrative position.
Company Secretary Job in Companies:
Private, Public and Abroad Companies which are hiring these professionals are:
Bigger corporate organizations
4. Stock Exchange
5. Airport Authority of India
9. Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML)
10. Bureau of Public Enterprises
11. Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited
12. Government Financial Institution
Salary Packages in Company Secretary Job:
For Freshers : 2 Lakh to 4 Lakh (per annum)
For Experienced : 4 Lakh to 15 Lakh (per annum)