What is Polytechnic :
What is a Polytechnic – Polytechnic is a premier engineering College/Institute and there are many polytechnics in India established in 1962. Polytechnic is affiliated with the Board of Technical Education and the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). It has started the Community Polytechnic schematic of the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India. It provides Diploma and post-Diploma technical education and courses. Many Polytechnics also have dormitories (hostels) for boys, canteen facilities, a gym, and a sports room for recreational activities. It has a history of placing its students in various reputed companies. The Industrial Training and Laison Officer are responsible for arranging campus interviews by prospective employers.
The Polytechnic has staff as per AICTE(All India Council For Technical Education) norms and regulations and AICTE pay scales/service conditions have been implemented. The Polytechnic has implemented the Community Polytechnic scheme of the Ministry of HRD (Government of India) and Stree Shakti Camps are attended by the staff of the Institute
Benefits of studying polytechnic course
- Those who completed the polytechnic course can join engineering courses and can complete them with less expenditure.
- Students who completed the polytechnic course can join directly the second-year engineering course by writing the ESET entrance exam.
- Polytechnic courses will have more practicals and are more application-oriented. This ability will help the students to shine well in industrial companies.
- The subjects that students study in polytechnic will also be there in engineering. The study of engineering will be easy after completing the polytechnic.
- Companies are recruiting diploma-completed polytechnic students rather than engineering students as they leave jobs more frequently.
How to get admission to polytechnic college:
The candidates who want to get admission to the polytechnic college should apply for CET(Common Entrance Test) Delhi 2016 application form, can get their application form, by the last week of March 2016, the last date for submission of the application form will be on the 3rd week of April 2016. The candidates can fill out the Delhi CET application form from the official website of CET. After completing all the details in the application forms candidates have to move toward fee payment. The candidates have got different options for fee payment like net banking, through credit/debit card or they can also pay their fees through bank challan.
Eligibility Criteria for Common Entrance Test:
The candidates who are appearing for the CET Delhi 2016 examination must check all the details of the exam including the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria are mentioned in detail below.
The Candidates appearing in the exam should be below 21 years of age for diploma courses and 24 years for 10+2 vocational engineering and ITI passed students.
For those candidates that are applying for Pharmacy courses, the minimum eligibility criteria are passed 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks (40% in case of reserved category) in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry Biology, or Mathematics. These subjects are compulsory and candidates must have secured minimum passing marks in these subjects.
For technical courses like Engineering, Architecture, Medical laboratory, and Garment fabrications. The minimum qualification for the students is to pass class 10th with 35% aggregate in Science, English, and Maths.
For the candidates applying for Modern Office Practice (English), the minimum eligibility criteria are passed 10+2 from any stream (having English as a compulsory subject) with a minimum aggregate of 45% (40% in case of reserved category). The candidate must have scored passing marks in English. For Modern Office Practice (Hindi) the candidate should have passed/appeared 10+2 any stream and should have Hindi/Sanskrit as a compulsory subject with a minimum aggregate of 45% (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category).
Polytechnic College and Institutes in India :
- Ambedkar Polytechnic
- Aryabhat Polytechnic
- Gobind Ballabh Pant Polytechnic
- Guru Nanak Dev Co-Ed Polytechnic
- Integrated Institute of Technology
- Kasturba Polytechnic for Women
- Meerabai Institute of Technology
- Pusa Polytechnic
- Bhai Parmanand Institute of Business Studies
- Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital
Government aided Institution
- Sarada Ukil School of Art
Privately managed BTE-affiliated institutions
- Aditya Institute of Technology
- Baba Hari Dass College of Pharmacy
- Chhotu Ram Rural Institute of Technology
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Polytechnic
- International Polytechnic for Women
- Marathwada Institute of Technology
- Rao Tula Ram Polytechnic
- Subramania Bharati College of Science & Technology.
Diploma Courses in Polytechnic After 10th Class:
Admission to Diploma Courses through Common Entrance Test (CET)
- Architectural Assistantship
- Automobile Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- omputer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – Industry Integrated
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics (Microprocessor)
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Fashion Design
- Garment Technology
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation Technology
- Interior Design and Decoration
- Leather Technology
- Leather Technology (Footwear)
- Library and Information Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning)
- Mechanical Engineering (Tool and Die)
- Marine Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Plastic Technology air
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Textile Design
- Textile Processing
- Textile Technology (Spinning)
- Textile Technology (Weaving)
- Textile Technology (Knitting)
Diploma Courses in Polytechnic After 12th Class:
Admission in Diploma Courses Direct Admission – (Not through CET)
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Modern Office Practice
Part-Time Diploma Courses – After 10th with working experience
- Civil Engineering (PTD)
- Electrical Engineering (PTD)
- Mechanical Engineering (PTD)
Post-Diploma Courses – After Diploma in the relevant field
- Post Diploma In Auto And Tractors
- Post Diploma In Cad/Cam
- Skilled Technician (Machinist)
- Skilled Technician (Machine Maintenance)
- Quality Assurance Inspector
Salary Packages after Polytechnic Diploma Courses:
For Freshers: 1 Lakh to 1.5 Lakh (per annum)
For Experienced: 8 Lakh to 12 Lakh (per annum)
Best of Luck 12th Student and Go ahead with Big Dreams 🙂