About NATA Exam 2016 – National Aptitude Test in Architecture Details
What is NATA Exam – NATA which is commonly known as National Aptitude Test in Architecture is a national level entrance exam to become an architect.This exam is mandatory for those students who wish to make a career in the field of architecture.This exam is conducted by Council of Architecture (COA) for admission into B.Arch courses of 5 year duration.All recognized colleges and universities either government or private (except NIT and IIT as they have their own entrance exam) grant admission in B.Arch courses on basis of NATA scores.This test provides the common ground to compare the qualification and aptitude of applicants for the study of architecture.
The aim of this exam is to measure the certain qualities within a candidate that are necessary in the field of architecture like drawing and observation skills, aesthetic sensitivity, sense of proportion and critical thinking.
Bachelor’s Degree course in Architecture (B. Arch.) is a Five year Full-time course, available in more than 400 institutes throughout India and many other recognized institutes around the world.For the year 2016 NATA exams will be held from 1st April to 28th May and from 6th June to 20th August.
Eligibility to appear for NATA Entrance Exam
The Council of Architecture has set up a certain eligibility criteria in order to appear for NATA exam which is as follows:
- A candidate must have cleared his/her 10th class or 12th class examinations with Mathematics from any of a national or state recognized board of education.
- Only those candidates will be eligible to take admission in B.Arch courses who have scored at least 50% marks in class 12th and also cleared an aptitude test in architecture.
- A candidate must have mathematics as one of the main subjects in class 12.
- A candidate with a diploma from central/state government with at least 50% is also eligible to appear for NATA.
NOTE-NATA Exams score of a candidate is considerd valid for a period of 2 years from the year in which a candidate has appeared for the exam.Students can appear NATA exam after 10th class.
Application form – How to apply for NATA entrance exam 2016 :
The registration process for NATA for the year 2016 is already started from 21st January till 18th August.Those candidates who are eligible can visit official website of NATA and fill the application form there.Registration can be made only through online mode.
STEP 1 – Go to the official website of NATA http://www.nata.in.
STEP 2– Click on the Register for NATA 2016..
STEP 3 – Click on “register as a new user”
You will have to create a NATA account by using your e mail account and passwords.
STEP 4 – You will receive a conformation e-mail.Log in and fill the details that are asked in the form.
STEP 5 – Pay the exam fee through Debit card / credit card / netbanking / bank Challan.
Identification Documents required for NATA Exam
A candidate must carry his/her admit card or appointment voucher to the test center.Along with it he/she must also have either of these documents.
- Original ID proof issued by government which is not expired (such as passport, permanent driver’s liscense, UID card etc.)
- Class 12th admit card along with photo and signature for those students who are waiting for their board results.
- Student ID card issued by their current institute.
UNACCEPTABLE IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS
- Credit cards
- Expired ID proof
- Employee identification card
- Learner’s driving license
EXAM FEE of NATA Exam :
Candidates who are eligible to appear for NATA exam can pay fee both online and offline.The exam fee is Rs. 1250
.Online payment can be made either through net banking or debit/credit cards according to the convenience of the candidates.Challan can also be generated in order to pay through cash in any branch of ICICI bank all over India.
However one may be required to pay extra charges for the following:
- Domestic Debit Card:- 0.75% of the NATA Fees plus service tax
- Domestic Credit Card:- 1.25% of the NATA Fee plus service tax
- Domestic Multiple Bank Net Banking Payment Gateway:- Rs.15 per transaction
- Collection through PAN India ICICI Branches in cash (through challan) :- Rs.30 per transaction
- International card users may be charged according to the policies of their respective banks.
NOTE-Exam fee is non refundable.Under no condition the appointment will be rescheduled or cancelled.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER :
- A candidate must register himself/herself in advance as test centers may be filled up quickly.
- One must take NATA exam as soon as possible so that they can get their result ready in time while applying for admission.
- One must carefully fill the details in application form because any mismatch in information provided on the form and documents submitted will lead to disqualification.
- Take the required identification documents along with you to exam center or else you would not be allowed to write exam.
- Location of test centers may be changed.Keep visiting the official website to stay updated with latest news regarding NATA.
NATA Exam Pattern :
NATA entrance exam has two stages.One is drawing test and the other is aesthetic sensitivity test.
The duration of this test is 2 hours and a candidate is expected to attempt 3 questions.It judges the candidate on the following aspects:
- The candidate’s knowledge about proportions and whether he/she can draw objects proportionately.
- How much idea a candidate has about perspective drawing.
- If a candidate can create two dimensional composition using given forms and shapes.
- Using three dimensional elements to draw buildings and other structures.
- To visualize and draw the effect light will have on an object and shadow cast.
- A candidate’s use of colors.
- If a candidate can draw from memory of day to day experience.
Mode-Offline (pencil and paper)
Duration- 2 hours
Number of questions- 01 number of 50 marks question & 02 numbers of 25 mark questions
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
The duration of this test is 1 hour.The candidates are asked 40 multiple choice questions and is computer based.Each question carries different marks and is given about 30-90 seconds per question to solve depending upon its difficulty.It measures a candidate’s creativity, observation, communication, perception and architectural awareness.It measures:
- Mental ability
- Analytical reasoning
- If a candidate has the ability to visualize three dimensional objects using three dimensional drawings.
- If a candidate can identify different materials based on texture quality
- Architectural awareness
- To visualize different sides of three dimensional objects.
Duration- 1 hour
Number of questions- 40 multiple choice questions
What is passing score of NATA?
A candidate is considerd to have cleared NATA exam if he/she has achieved at least 40% i.e 80/200 marks in order to be eligible to take admission in B.Arch course.
How many times one can appear in NATA exam?
If a candidate is not able to clear the exam then he/she need not to worry.One can give NATA exam five(5) times.For every new attempt a candidate has to register again at NATA website and has to pay fee for every attempt.The best score of candidate in 5 attempts will be valid and will be shown on mark sheet.
NOTE-If a candidate is re appearing for NATA exam then he/she must declare it or else their appointment will be cancelled and they will not be allowed to give the exam again in their life.
Important changes in NATA?
Starting from 1st April 2016 the following changes in NATA exam have been introduced:
- A candidate now can attempt NATA exam for a maximum of 5 times within two years from the date of 1st attempt.
- The best score of the candidate achieved in the number of attempts will be consider VALID SCORE.
- “Best of 5 attempts” system will be applicable for the NATA test given from 1st April 2016 .
- Validity of best score will be for two years from the date of first attempt in 2016.
- For every attempt a new registration form has to be submitted along with fee for every attempt.
- The mark sheet will show the best score of candidate.
- If a candidate applies afresh for NATA and does not declare about his/her previous attempts then all their previous scores will be cancelled and they wont be allowed to appear for exam ever again.
Important dates for NATA?
|Registration Start||21st January, 2016|
|Exam Start||1st April, 2016|
|Last Date of Exam||20th August, 2016|
|Last Date of Registration||18th August, 2016|
Top Coaching Institutes for Nata Exam :
- Sketcharts Studio
- Bhanwar Rathore Design Studio
- NICS Centre
- Target Design Academy
- Bhardwaj Classes
- Pahal Design
Fill this Form, we will send your NATA exam details in your inbox :
Leave us your details and we will contact you
2 thoughts on “NATA 2016 Exam dates, Syllabus, Application Form, Pattern, Eligibility Criteria”
Sir , Tell me Nata 2016 exam date
Last Date of Registration 18th August, 2016
Date of exam is 20th August, 2016