Over the last one decade or more, there has been a sudden gush of different streams or courses that promise not only proper education but also a successful career ahead. One such course is the BCA.
What is BCA?
Before we get onto learning the different aspects of BCA, such as where to get training from, the qualifying process, earning a degree and the career prospects it showers upon aspirants, it is of optimum importance that we first learn what BCA is and who it actually concerns.
BCA is the abbreviation of Bachelor of Computer Application and thoroughly deals with designing, building and managing computer applications, as suggested by its name. BCA is predominantly a 3 years bachelors program, after which you can consider taking up MCA. In case that you are interested in learning different computer languages and aim at making it big in the IT, especially software sector, then BCA is the course you should be opting for. BCA is the perfect option for people who have failed to qualify for B.Tech in Computer science, which is a 4 years course.
Job Responsibilities of BCA Engineers :
BCA engineers often are dedicated the role of computer programmers, administrators, trainees, etc, after they have successfully completed their degree program. The major job responsibilities that these new professionals are handed upon, include-
- Data entry;
- Decoding computer language;
- Using Java or C++ to write computer language;
- Managing, updating, reshaping, expanding and implication of new computer programs;
- Fixing and debugging different computer programs;
- Simplifying writing by using code libraries;
- Enhance the automated code writing process with the use of Computer Assisted Software Engineering.
There are a whole lot of other job responsibilities that a BCA graduate has to take up, with time and more experience.
Syllabus in BCA after 12th class :
The syllabus of a BCA is divided into six semesters. The subjects (though these subjects might vary from university to university, under special circumstances) that a student has to cover, in order to successfully complete the degree course are-
- Business Communication,
- Principle of Management,
- Programming Principles and Algorithms,
- Computer Fundamental and Office Automation,
- Business Accounting,
- Organizational Behaviour,
- Elements of Statistics,
- ‘C’ programming,
- File Structure and concept of database,
- Cost Accounting,
- Computer Laboratory and practical work,
- Numerical Methods,
- Data Structure using C,
- Software Engineering,
- Management Accounting,
- Visual Basics,
- Inventory management,
- Human Resource management,
- Object oriented programming using C++,
- NET Frameworks,
- Internet programming and Cyber law,
- Principals of Marketing,
- Core Java,
- Multimedia Systems,
- Introduction of System Pro and Operating Systems,
- Advanced Java,
Project work and Computer laboratory & practical work is absolutely necessary in every semester and is granted special marks.
Eligibility for admission in BCA after 12th class :
An individual aspiring to pursue the BCA degree needs to have graduated HSC 10+2 from any school, under a recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks. He must have done so, under any stream whatsoever, with English as his first language. Candidates have to be at least 17 years of age or maximum 22to 25 years of age to be eligible to get admission in the course.
How to enter or take admission in BCA after 12th class :
BCA has come to become one of the most sought after graduation degree programs for students aspiring to invade the IT sector. In case that you are aiming to take admission in the top BCA colleges of the country, here are a few strict steps, you need to follow-
- Learn about Eligibility Criteria– Though the basic eligibility criteria for a BCA degree is 45% in Higher Secondary, a number of leading colleges take entrance exams or might have additional requirements.
- Pick and submit forms– In case that you comply with the eligibility criteria, you should pick up the admission forms for the targeted universities, fill them up and submit within the stipulated amount of time.
- Prepare for entrance exam– In case that there is an entrance exam, the best option for you to is start preparing for it. With hundreds of students applying for the same seat in a leading university, the competition is stiff.
- Managing your certificates– When appearing for PI, it is important that you have all your certificates and documents with you. Missing out on any of them might result in missing out on the opportunity of getting admission.
- Submit all documents and fees on time– Make sure that you submit all your documents and processing, examination, or admission fees on time.
Complying with all the steps above, might lead to a confirmed admission in the leading BCA institutes.
Top 20 Colleges in India for BCA :
There are a number of colleges in the country that have surpassed other institutes in the sector of providing top class BCA training to aspiring students. Some of these leading BCA institutes that extend the best training and career scope to students are-
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Institute of Management Studies, Noida
- Department of Computer Applications, SRM University, Chennai
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Birla Institute of Technology, Jharkhand
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune
- Presidency College, Bangalore
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- University College, Kurukshetra
- Xavier Institute of Computer Applications- Ahmedabad
- Apar India Institute of Management and Technology, Delhi
- Bhavik College of Management and Information Technology, Chandigarh
- Al Ameen College Edathala, Ernakulam
- Adarsh Mahila Maa Vidyalaya, Bhiwani
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- Indraprasth University of technology and Management, Delhi
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandar
- Sanghvi institute of Management and Science, Indore
- Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences, AIMS
- P Poddar Institute of Management and Technology, Kolkata
Future Scope in BCA after 12th class :
The BCA course is aimed towards providing the student with an advanced knowledge base of the respective subjects covered under the course and preparing them for the practical job field. This provides the successfully graduating candidates to a greater scope to bag some of the best job roles in the industry. One can join these jobs as a trainee or a junior executive and make their way to the top, eventually.
Companies for BCA :
There are number of companies, across the country, which are regularly picking some of the best performing BCA graduates for different job roles in their establishment. Some of these companies include-
- Trigent Software
Job Types after BCA :
There are a number of jobs that a BCA can bag. Some of them include-
- Software Manager
- Computer Programmer
- Finance manager
- Teacher or Professor
- Marketing Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- Computer Scientist
- Business Consultant
- Database Administrator
- Software Developer
- Computer Presentation Expert
- Systems Administrator
- Information System manager
- Computer Support Specialist
- Independent consultant
- Computer System analyst, etc.
Completing the course successfully with a consistent performance throughout, might lead a candidate to land any of the jobs mentioned above.
How much salary you can expect after BCA after 12th class :
Though starting salary might range within 7-8K there is nothing to be disheartened. There is lot of scope in the field. With two or more years of experience, salary might be increased to anywhere within 30-40k.