So far, we have seen the actors play the role of an IAS officer in the films, but even more difficult to become an IAS officer. Many students are curious to know about How to become an IAS officer and IAS Exam, eligibility, Syllabus salary and upsc exam. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and it is one of a respected services among the Twenty-four services like IPS, IFS, and IRS, etc. To become an IAS officer, students should follow a good strategy for starting and have to appear and qualify the Civil Service Exam organized by the Union Public Service Commission. We are writing here a detailed article about IAS Exam, IAS syllabus, eligibility, coaching, Interview, salary and upsc exam.
What is an IAS officer:
This famous quote ‘With great power comes great responsibility’ is very true for an IAS officer.The Indian Administrative Service (I.A.S – भारतीय प्रशासनिक सेवा) is the major administrative civil job in India which was formed in 1946. IAS officers’s post is key and strategic positions in the respective state, Union Government and public-sector undertakings.
What are the powers and responsibilities of an IAS officer? – IAS officers have to keep the maintenance of law & order, revenue administration and general administration. They have to manage administrative functions and implement developmental policies for the government.
The eligibility requirement to become an IAS officer :
What it takes to become an IAS officer :
|Criteria 1||Bachelor’s level from a UGC identified university is the minimum certification needed to require applying for the civil service examination.|
|Criteria 2||There is no minimum percentage is needed to be qualified to this examination.|
|Criteria 3||Final year applicants are also qualified to apply for this examination.|
How to become an IAS officer and what are the ways for being an IAS officer after 12th:
Step1 : Ensure Their Eligibility and collect your documents
1. ID Proof and 4 Passport size photos
2. 12th marksheet and Certificate
3. Graduation Marksheet and degree
Step 2: Qualify the UPSC Civil Service Exam
The all India combined competitive examination for Civil Service comprises of three stages. They are:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
Detail of UPSC Civil Service Exam for IAS Officer
Upper age limit to appear for UPSC IAS Exam?
Upper age limit for the UPSC Exam is calculated on the date Aug 1. Candidate should be below the mentioned maximum limit by Aug 1, of that year in which he/she has to appear. Upper age limit is fixed by categories.
- Upper age limit for General category: 32 years.
- Upper age limit for OBC: 35 years.
- Upper age limit for SC/ST: 37 Years.
- Upper age limit for Citizens of Jammu and Kashmir: 37 years.
- Upper age limit for Defense Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof: 35 years.
- Upper age limit for blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons (general category) :42 years.
- Upper age limit for Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service: 37 years.
How many attempts are allowed for UPSC IAS Exam?
- General Category : 6 attempts till 32 years of age.
- OBC : 9 attempts till 35 years of age.
- SC/ST : unlimited attempts till 37 years of age.
Syllabus UPSC IAS Exam?
Preliminary Examination – Preliminary examination is taken for screening the candidate and there wil be two papers of objective type, each of 200 marks (total = 400 marks) and two hours of duration and candidates must take both the papers. For more details read UPSC Exams Syllabus To Become An IAS Officer in India
The phase 2 main examination is taken for screening student’s academic talent in depth and his/her ability to present understanding in a reasonable way. The IAS mains examination is created to analyze the comprehensive intellectual quality and the understanding of candidates rather than just determining their information and memory.
IAS Officer Salary:
|Junior Officers||Rs. 8000-275-13500|
|Senior Officers||Rs. 10650-325-15200|
|Junior Administrative Grade||Rs. 12,750-375-16,500|
|Selection Grade||Rs. 15,100-400-18,300|
|Additional Secretary||Rs. 22400-525-24500|
|Secretary/Cabinet Secretary||Rs. 26,000/30,000|