Hacking vs Ethical Hacking:
Just as in a film, two types of roles exist, one is a hero and the other one is the villain. In the same way, there are two people in the cyber world, Hacker and Ethical hacker. In today’s digital era, Hacker is a negative role as a villain and Ethical hacker is the positive role as a hero. Hacker is like a cyber-criminal that can steal important data from any computer and he can blackmail to extort money from anyone. Every year, data of many organization are stolen and they have to pay billions of rupees to save their data. The other side of this is Ethical hacking, it is a process to identify or discover the weakness of system or network security of any organization and protect it from cybercrime. Every bank and financial services provide net banking and mobile banking facility to their customers after ensuring his It security systems with the help of ethical hackers.
Scope of Ethical Hacking:
According to a source, The demand for Ethical Hackers is increasing in the cyber industry and required over one billion cybersecurity professionals in the coming two years. Government organisations, IT security firm, financial institutes, immigration services, aviation industry, online businesses, hospitality industry and telecommunication industry are looking for Ethical Hackers to protect their digital setup.
After the ethical hacking course, a candidate can work as an independent consultant and will be responsible for finding the bug in the IT environment to provide a solution to make stronger against the outside threats. The pressure of hacking can be high, but if you are passionate to accept challenges, this is the job where you are good to go.
Career Paths as Ethical hacker:
|Application Testing:||Searching for flaws logical mistake in the system at the very core level|
|Remote or war dialing:||Deals with testing open-ended modem connections that remotely connect to a network|
|Local network testing:||Used to test of services, protocols, system devices and virtual private networks|
|Wireless security:||A method of measuring the level of security of the wireless network from malicious attempts and unauthorized access.|
|System hardening:||It is a process of securing a configuration of a system and settings to reduce IT attack surface and attack vectors|
|Web server Security:||A web server or hosting is a computer that displays websites. Protects hacking attacks on a web server which can affect a user’s website.|
Courses for ethical hackers in India:
» Certificate Course in Cyber Laws
» M.Sc. Cyber Forensics and Information Security
» Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Laws
» Post Graduate Diploma in Digital and Cyber Forensics and Related Laws
» Advance Diploma in Ethical Hacking
» Certificate in Information Security and Ethical Hacking
» Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
» CCNA Certification
» Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
» Post Graduate Diploma in IT Security
Top Colleges for Ethical Hacker:
|Rank of College||Name of College, City||Programme Fees|
|1||IIT, Delhi||4.47 lakh|
|2||IIT, Bombay||8.55 lakh|
|3||IIT, Kharagpur||8.34 lakh|
|4||IIT, Kanpur||8.27 lakh|
|5||IIT, Roorkee||8.52 lakh|
|6||IIT, Guwahati||8.61 lakh|
|7||BITS, Pilani||16.73 lakh|
|8||Delhi Technological University, Delhi||7.81 lakh|
|9||NIT, Trichy||7.42 lakh|
|10||IIT, Bhubaneswar||8.63 lakh|
How do I get there?
- After 10th class, you should opt for PCM(Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) stream with Computer Science.
- After 12th, you can opt for B. Tech, BSC in Computer Science, BE or IT engineering. There are many institutes which offer specialised courses related to hacking also.
- After graduation, you should go for post-graduation in M.Tech or MSC in Computer Science. For Postgraduate and doctoral programs, the candidates should apply for GATE examinations if you want to do from govt. recognised institutes like IITs, IISc, there are also scholarship as per your merit.
- You should have working knowledge in C, C++, Python and Ruby.
- You can go with certifications CISSP, TICSA, Security+, Cloud computing, risk management and application development from reputed institutes like NIIT, DICC and Aptech.
- You should definitely opt for CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) course which would help you in getting an edge over others.