With changing times and interests, students are no longer bound to only certain traditional professions. With the advent of technology and changing needs of society, new career fields have opened up in services as well as the manufacturing sectors. While students may be suggested to opt for ‘safer’ career avenues, a lot of them are willing to follow a different route and look for more challenging options. Here is a list of 5 such upcoming career fields that are in demand and students can consider them before taking a plunge:
- Ethical Hackers: While hacking has a negative connotation attached to itself, ethical hacking is a field that is highly in demand. For those who love to code and find it challenging and fun, this field is definitely for you. With a lot of web applications and software being released in the market every day, companies are willing to hire ethical hackers on a contractual or full-time basis to detect bugs and loopholes in the system. This helps them in strengthening their software and also secure it. A fresher may have a starting package of Rs. 5 lakh per annum, which may increase as per your own talent.
- Content Writers: A lot of companies stress properly written content to promote their products and carry forward their marketing activities. From specialized content writers to technical writers, this field has a lot of scope in terms of growth. All those who love to write and are interested in taking up their hobby as a profession can explore content writing. Content writers can work on a freelance basis or also join a firm on a full-time basis. The remuneration for freshers can be anywhere between Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month.
- Data Scientists: All those who love to play with numbers and make sense of raw data with the use of statistics and programming, can explore this avenue. Almost all companies today wish to understand and stretch data before they make any business move. A freshly minted data scientist can earn anything between Rs. 6,00,000 per annum to Rs. 20,00,000 per annum. This is said to be one of the sexiest jobs in the world by Harvard.
- Therapists and Counsellors: With a life that has become stressful and careers that have become competitive, individuals end up raking their brains and need help. It is during these times that the need for a therapist arises. A therapist regularly talks with the patient and helps him/her deal with mental illness or stress in life. Marriage counselors help couples resolve their issues and help them lead happier lives. Therapists and counselors are becoming sought-after professions and they also end up earning a lot of money. Therapists can run a private practice or be associated with a hospital as well.
- Translators: With everything going global and English losing its hold as a universal language, Translators and interpreters are in major demand by MNCs and the government. German, Chinese and French is one of the most common languages that these organizations need help with. While Translators work with text, interpreters work orally. Fresher translators and interpreters end up earning anything between Rs. 5,00,000 per annum to Rs. 7,00,000 per annum.
While it is interesting to see that new fields are opening up, it is also important for students to choose a path and stick with it. Hard work and perseverance always pay off.
Engineers Career Point is a reputed competitive exam coaching institute in Chandigarh and Patiala which helps students in preparing for versions of competitive examinations like GATE, IIT JEE, ISRO, Barcelona, etc.