Distance education courses involve online learning, a form of education in which the main elements include the physical separation of teachers and students during instruction, and the use of different technologies to facilitate student-teacher communication.
Traditionally, distance education courses have focused on full-time workers and non-residents or individuals in remote regions who can not attend lectures in the classroom. But now it has become an established part of the educational environment, with trends pointing to continuous growth.
Distance education courses are available for almost every subject. Students enrolled in distance education courses receive the same educational quality as traditional students, with the same educational support and access to study material and resources.
Characteristics of Distance Education Courses
Four features distinguish the distance education courses:
- Institutions or universities provide distance education courses; they are not self-study or non-academic learning courses. Classroom-based instruction may or may not be provided, but they are eligible for accreditation by the same organizations as those using traditional methods.
- In distance education courses, geographic separation is inherent. Accessibility and convenience are key benefits of it.
- Interactive telecommunications connect individuals with the teacher and within the learning group. Electronic communication systems are most frequently used in distance education courses.
- Distance education courses set up a learning group often referred to as a learning community consisting of students, instructors, and educational resources — that is, books, audio, a video that enable the student to access the informative content.
Advantages of Distance Education Courses
- Distance education courses help students to update the professional knowledge base at their workplaces. Students are provided with the study material online.
- Distance education courses are economical and less time-consuming. They pave the way for access to the latest world rich in technology. Students themselves decide the place and time of the class.
- Offer lots of flexibility; Also, students can save study material, lecture videos offline, and study according to their convenience.
- The distance education course has ended up finding some support and appreciation among employers over the years, which is an encouraging sign. So long as you are certified to the distance education courses, you need not worry. In India, all distance education courses are approved by the Council for Distance Education (DEC).
Choose DLP for Distance Education Courses
DLP is the country’s leading and recognized distance education course provider. It attracts large numbers of students from around the world— those who are interested in pursuing courses on distance education or skill development, offering distance education courses in various domains, which help students to transform their ideas into reality. With DLP, students can easily compare options available on their site between different universities and courses, and make a choice based on their budget.
In addition to offering various academic and non-academic distance education courses, DLP has a lot more to it. Having marked a niche in India’s education industry, DLP India has further diversified into offering various additional services complementing the education domain. DLP is not only a well-known name in the domestic market but has also earned itself the reputation of being a leader in the education field in a global market by its international operations.