Education and training are extremely essential components of making sure you get yourself the career you want and desire, especially if you have a particular career goal in mind. However, the prospect of getting education and training after 12th class can be discouraging, especially when you consider the kind of time and effort you still have to put in play in order to achieve a considerable level of accomplishment. However, if you read on, you might find yourself convinced that education and training after 12th class can in fact be a worthwhile investment.
Interestingly, if you find yourself particularly invested when it comes to training and education, you’re not alone. In fact, 87-percent of Millennials believe career growth and professional development are important aspects of work, and 76-percent of employees nowadays are always looking for opportunities for career growth.
Moreover, 69-percent of employees are either already looking for new opportunities or open to better opportunities, with 74-percent of employees feeling they’re not reaching their full potential. If you feel as though training and education can improve your chances of getting the career for you, you’re not alone. Here are the key benefits of education and training after 12th class:
- Education should go hand-in-hand with training: It’s often said that learning still happens beyond the four corners of the classroom, and this isn’t just an idiom that’s popularized for nothing. In today’s society, it’s extremely important to get training alongside good education, especially in order to show students that learning should be an ever-present and ever-evolving process. This ensures a mindset of constantly seeking new knowledge and experiences will persist, as these can help students gain access to better learning, better training, and better work ethics.
- Training and education constantly keeps you up to date: Perhaps one of the most important things living in today’s digital era would teach you, it’s that change constantly happens everywhere. The ever-present need of making sure newer and better ways of accomplishing tasks are found means there’s always room for improving current trends in various industries, and training and education puts you in a position to stay up to date with the times. These also allow you to make sure you’re one step ahead of the competition in the job market, as you constantly have the ace up your sleeve in terms of achieving long-term training. Training providers such as Go Training can help ensure you stay up-to-date with the current trends, technologies, and practices you should be aware of regardless of your industry.
- Acquiring training aside from university education expands your horizons: Aside from the fact that getting a degree is a good source of foundational knowledge in any industry, acquiring training aside from university education allows you to be able to experience a more dynamic and constantly-shifting environment that requires you to focus and manage your time and tasks more efficiently. While the time you’re spending studying and training might be stressful, you’ll at least be able to get yourself working towards developing essential work skills when it comes to handling various tasks.
- Develop better work ethics and habits to achieve work-life balance: Starting to get used to what exactly makes work stressful in such an early stage allows you to be in a position to learn better work ethics, habits, and achieve an optimal work-life balance that a lot of individuals nowadays aren’t able to achieve. Knowing how stressful not meeting obligations can get can motivate you to start learning how to manage your time better. Juggling multiple tasks won’t always work, and as such you need to learn how to manage your tasks. Acquiring leadership roles will also make you learn how to delegate your tasks, especially if you have separate tasks for your training or university as well.
- Education and training gives you a headstart on developing your network: One of the most important things one can have in the professional scene is a good network of contacts that can at least get you access to various working opportunities and various training opportunities as well. Developing your network as early as now at least ensures you get a healthy dose of potential contacts to socialize with or to keep yourself up to date with what’s happening in various niches you’re interested in. This also ensures you get a lot of opportunities to see peers that can inspire and motivate you to work harder.
The Bottomline: The Value Of Efficient, Continuous Education, Training
A lot of people say learning and education don’t stop within the four corners of the classroom, and the real world after school is a new realm filled with lessons to learn and challenges to overcome. Of course, the idea of training and education after 12th class can seem a bit overwhelming, especially when you’ve already had almost a decades’ worth of schooling (or more) on your belt. However, if the above has anything to share, it’s that continuous education and training even after your time in school can have a lot of benefits of its own. In fact, it can even lead to you finding the right kind of career fit for your dreams and aspirations.
Jim Stevenson has worked in training business staff across 20 years. He’s proud to help business clients push their business further by providing ongoing training and assessment of companies across a broad range of industries. He works for Go Training and has a loving wife and two sons.